Joan Website | Joan Bio | Joan Licensing Info | Joan Contact Info | Blog Main Page

Art Licensing by artist Joan Beiriger: I'm happy to share art licensing info but please
give me credit and link to my blog when using it on your site. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Creating Boards for Inspiration

Creating inspirational boards can be great fun to build as well as a wonderful tool for all kinds of inspiration. They can be for brainstorming new art ideas, staying on track in creating a unified look to art for branding purposes, or even for reminding yourself that you too can be successful in art licensing. The walls in my studio are covered with art and the shelves are lined with not only books but products showcasing other artists work. The example shown is a bulletin board with greeting cards and products that I have collected of different artists art. Each product tells a story of the artist that I've met or wish to meet and the journey she/he has taken along the path to licensing the art.

I didn't realize that other artists also use inspiration boards until a friend gave me the link to an article called Mood Board 101: Branding and Image Development. Read Talyab Raja article on how he uses boards for all kinds of design inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment