Sunday, June 24, 2012
Existing trends can be found by looking at manufacturer catalogs and websites, walking retail stores and trade shows, and reading trade and consumer magazines. Potentially new trends can be found through trend forecasting publications and organizations and trend forward blogs. Below is a list of some resources that can be useful in finding trends.
• Design Sponge (contemporary designs)
• print & pattern
• Trend Bible (home interiors)
Trend Forecast Publications and Organizations
Joining the organizations and subscribing to these publications can be very expensive but some information on the websites is free.
• Color Marketing Group
• Mudpie Ltd. (fashion)
• OPR News (fashion)
• Pantone (color)
• Springwise.com (new business ideas)
• The Color Association of the United States
• Trend Curve (color and designs)
• Trend Pulse (home décor)
Subscribe to free e-newsletters for latest press releases & download product e-catalogs.
• Gifts & Dec (free Product Wire, Playthings Extra, Direct from Market)
• Furniture Today
• Home Accents Today
• Home Textiles Today
• Kids Today
• Better Homes and Gardens
• Elle Décor
• Good Housekeeping
• Southern Living
• Woman's Day
• Art & Design Licensing Source Book (licensor art)
• Art Buyer (licensor art)
• Casual Living (furniture)
• Florists' Review (also publishes yearly Christmas trends issue)
• Gift and Decorative Accessories
• Giftware News
• Greetings etc.
• Home Accents Today
• Smart Retailer (was Country Business)
• Stationery Trends
• Total Art Licensing (licensor art)
Trade & Licensing Shows
• Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market
• Craft & Hobby Association
• International Licensing Expo (brand and art licensing)
• International Quilt Market
• Surtex (art licensing)
• National Stationery Show
Linkedin.com (professional social networking)
Below are a few groups (Q & A discussions including trends) but there are many more.
• Art of Licensing
• Future Trends (products)
• Greeting Card, Stationery & Gift Industry Gurus
"Art Licensing Trend Questions Answered"
Your comments are welcome. Please click on the comments section (below) to write your comment.