Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Consultant Jeff Grinspan has lined up a stellar conference program with 10 outstanding sessions by experts in licensing and selling art/designs. This year the program also include panel sessions about textiles & home fashion; tabletop, gift & home décor; and paper & stationery. Below is a list of the sessions and presenters. Go to the Surtex Show Conference Program on the Surtex site to find out more about the sessions, date/time, and cost.
• "Monetizing Your Art & Design" with Marty Segelbaum (agent at MHS Licensing) and Nancy Fire (president Design Works International)
• "In-Depth Look at Licensing Basics" with Ellen Seay (agent at Cruise Creative Services) and Carol Van Zandt (artist at Carol Van Zandt)
• "In-Depth Look at Selling Art & Design" with Deborah Shapiro (designer at Cherry Design Partners) and Chris Verbeek (designer at Verbeek Designs)
• "Up C;ose & Personal: What You Need to Know About Licensing Contracts" with John D. Mason Esq. (art law attorney)
• "Safeguarding Artwork - from Copyrights to Internet Protection" with Jeanne Hamburg Esq. (attorney at Norris McLaughlin & Marcus PA)
• "Category Spotlight: Textiles & Home Fashion" with Jennifer Marks (editor-in-chief of Home Textiles Today), Pan Maffei-Toolan (VP design of PK Lifestyles, and Andy Sylvia (president of Cranston Printworks)
• "Category Spotlight: Tabletop, Gift & Home Décor" with Allison Zisko (managing editor of HFN magazine), Tom Mirable (senior VP Global Trend and Design of Lifetime Brands), Trip Van Roden (president of Wellspring), and Sue Todd (president of Magnetworks)
• "Category Spotlight: Paper & Stationery" with Susan January (VP of Leanin' Tree), Patricia Norins (publisher of Gift Shop magazine), and George White (president & COO of Up with Paper)
• "The Future of Retail: Attitudes, Trends and Hardcore Facts"
• "Design Leadership for Business Success"